I had a small windscreen crack and a really small chip that looked like it could easily be filled with a DIY windscreen repair kit. After purchasing a cheap plastic version that seemed to do the trick, I did regret not paying twice as much and simply buying a metal version, so I thought of posting this and letting others know.
Why? Because plastic can only take so much, compared to metal threads. If you are not willing to go with the Aluminium Kit, then I recommend the budget needle version (linked at the very bottom).
- BAODANH Aluminum Alloy Car Windshield Glass Crack Chip Windscreen Repair DIY Tools Kit
- BESTEU Aluminum Alloy Car Windshield Glass Crack Chip Windscreen Repair DIY Tools Kit
- Cracked Glass Repair Kit Windshield Kits DIY Car Window Tools Glass Fissure Cure Auto glass repair tool aluminum alloy material
- Nano470 DIY Windscreen Repair Kit ** UP TO 10 REPAIRS!**
- Nano470 Windscreen Repair Bridge Assembly With Plastic Screw Injector
- Nano470 Mini Windscreen Repair Bridge Assembly With Plastic Screw Injector
- Nano470 Windscreen Repair 20ml Resin Pack Kit
Like me, maybe you wanted to just give it a go, see yourself never using something like this again. Well I recommend something like this https://amzn.to/3DtAFH3
Other Related Tools/Kits
You may need a drill to access some spots that the resin cannot get into. A simple heat source can also help, before resorting to a drill, as shown in this video. Also you may want to use a polishing kit simply to polish out very thin scratches. Link below.